Dandruff is a symptom of Seborrheic Dermatitis (SD) and has long been a source of irritation. Itchy and white flakes can be embarrassing to deal with at times. You may have tried some treatments and they did not work, leading you to believe that dandruff will always be with you.
But don’t worry, that’s not the case. There are viable solutions like shampoo and anti-dandruff lotion to decrease dandruff issues. All you have to do is figure out which solution is best for your skin type and stick to your daily treatment routine. You can observe the change for yourself.
Numerous factors can contribute to the severe dandruff problem. Let’s take a look at them.
- The secretions of the skin’s sebaceous glands
- If you don’t wash your hair regularly
- Even when washing, improper shampooing can cause dry and itchy skin, resulting in dandruff
- Fungal colonization on the skin’s surface
- Excessive time spent outside may expose the hair to harsh sunlight, dirt, and dust
- There is a lot of stress yeast called Malassezia that irritates your scalp and causes excessive skin cell growth
- If you over brush your hair, you are causing excessive friction between the hair strands and the scalp.
- A diet that is unhealthy
Dandruff has numerous treatments. Let’s see what they are.
- Firstly, you should wash your hair every day and shampoo it at least three times a week with anti-dandruff shampoo. Check the ingredients of the anti-dandruff shampoo to ensure that it contains salicylic acid, coal tar, ketoconazole, selenium sulfide, and pyrithione zinc.
Different shampoos contain different ingredients. Choose the ones that are best for your skin type and have the best combination of ingredients.
- You should use hair anti-dandruff lotion in addition to the shampoo. It will hydrate your skin and prevent it from becoming dry or itchy. Examine to see if they contain shea butter, glycerin, or lactic acid. They will be extremely beneficial in preserving the moisture in your scalp.
Moreover, your hair will be shiny and well-nourished. Before going to bed, apply this anti-dandruff lotion to your scalp. Take a small amount of it and massage it in circular motions in your scalp, especially the dry and affected area. If you leave it overnight, the results will be much better and faster.
- Baking soda can be used. It is a well-known home remedy for the treatment of dandruff issues. In the shower, gently massage it into your scalp and rinse after a few minutes. After your hair has dried, gently brush it. Comb your hair down with firm strokes. This will get rid of the oil, dandruff, and dead skin cells. Brush your hair daily for increased blood circulation in the scalp.
- There are many home remedies you can try, such as using 3 to 5 teaspoons of coconut oil as a moisturizer and then leaving it out for 1 hour. After that, simply shampoo your hair with an anti-dandruff shampoo and wash it out.
Lemon juice can also be used. This is a simple remedy that has been used for centuries in India. 2 teaspoons are rubbed into the scalp and rinsed out. Then rub in another teaspoon of 1 cup water. Do this daily. You can see the difference.
Whatever method you choose for treatment, stick to it. Use shampoo and anti-dandruff lotion compulsorily. Keep in mind that every remedy takes time to show results. So, don’t be disheartened.
- Styling Organza Saree
- 7 Viable Hair Removal Methods for Women
- Are Necklaces or Chains Attractive on Guys?
- Triceps Exercise Guide for Beginners
- Perfect Picnic Outfits
- 6 Killer Chest Workouts for Strengthening the Upper Body
- Golden Rules of Good Hair Care: The Do’s
- A Quick Checklist for Moving House
- 8 Stunning Country Style Bridesmaid Dresses for Rustic Wedding
- 5 Smart Fashion Tips to Achieve A Feminine Look
- Best Ways to Lose Fat in Winters