Well folks…Do you often take a cup of tea or coffee in the morning??? Is you answer a yes? And having it since quite sometime now..? Hmmm.. I know old habits die hard but trust me change this habit of taking tea or coffee in the morning, switch to lemon water in the morning. Not only does it help in weight loss but is a remedy for various problems that you face and may face in the future. Lemon is not only abundantly rich in Vitamin C but also has various other beneficial properties. Lemons are citrus fruits, thus they not only rejuvenates your skin but also make it glow and helps you get that charm. To add to it, it’s a “Great good morning drink” – as for the mixture of lemon with warm\lukewarm water, it is a great drink to wake up and have, it has properties which helps ease the ejection of all the waste products of the body. It also helps preventing and countering conditions of constipation and diarrhea as it enables smooth bowel functions.
NUTRITIONAL VALUE OF LEMONS:
- A glass full of lemon water is extremely low in calories. It contains only about 20-30 calories. Thus if you shift from a tea or coffee in the morning to a glass full of warm water and lemon juice, just at the start of the day you save yourself from huge calorie consumption…!
- It is rich in nutrients like Vitamin C, Calcium, Fiber, and potassium.
- Also in addition to having medicinal properties it also has some elements of iron and Vitamin A.
BENEFITS OF LEMON WATER:
- Rich source of vitamin C thus protects us from deficiencies which may otherwise cause scurvy.
- Fibers present in lemon water protects us from pathogens like bacteria as they have antibacterial properties.
- Its helps curing one of the most common problems i.e. common cold as it also acts against viruses.
- Brain and nerve cells are nourished due to the presence of potassium in lemon.
- It helps flush out toxins and maintain the pH of the body, keeping it fit and active all the time.
- Helps in the productions of digestive juices.
- It saves us from the ill effects of having coffee and tea as it acts as a substitute drink for the both of them. (In short saves us from caffeine consumption).
- Helps in elimination of body waste by clearing the intestinal vessels.
- Fulfills various nutritional requirements.
- It boosts your immune system as it helps fight cold, stimulates brain and nerve cells, and balances blood pressure.
- It increases the frequency of urination (helping in elimination of waste).
- It helps in attaining clear skin as vitamin c help decrease wrinkles.
The recipe is quite simple, just warm one cup of water (temperature being what suits you, but at least lukewarm) and then cut a lemon into half. Pour the juice of one half of the cut piece of lemon into the water, mix it and have it.
Just one small change in your daily habit can change your outlook of mornings. With one simple change you can experience mornings in a whole new light. Do try it and let me know about the benefits which you have experienced. Till then stay fit, eat healthy….!