If you are soon to attend a formal event, it can seem quite daunting, with so many unspoken rules about both dress and behaviour. It is important to put your best foot forward, and with that in mind, here are a few grooming Do’s and Don’ts when attending a formal event.
- Do Brighten your Teeth – The self teeth-whitening packages are everywhere now, and for a small investment, you can brighten up your smile. Make sure you do this a couple of weeks before the event, as this will ensure you suffer no discomfort at the party. You might ask your dentist about tooth whitening treatments, but make sure you do this well in advance of the event.
- Don’t Fake Tan – Resist the temptation to be gorgeously tanned in an instant, as this very often doesn’t turn out as planned, and you don’t want orange patches when attending a formal event. There’s nothing wrong with booking a few tanning sessions in the weeks leading up to the event but avoid anything instantly.
- Do Splash Out on Expensive Perfume – If ever there is a time to smell good, this is it. Whatever your preference is, use it, but don’t overdo it, as an overpowering scent is not desired in such an environment. Save that for those seductive dinners. If you have yet to source a dress for the occasion, you can opt for matching family outfits from one of our favourite online destinations popopieshop.
- Don’t Forget Hair – Once you have chosen your outfits, and have a good idea of what jewellery will work with them, you should decide on a hairstyle. You no doubt have your own hairstylist, and if she knows what you are planning to wear, she can make some suggestions. Long hair should be worn up, while a bob should be precise and trimmed the day before.
- Do Experiment – Provided you have the time, you should regularly put on the dress and experiment with accessories and makeup, in order to find the right balance. Ask a good friend to drop by and she can give you an honest opinion, and let’s face it, we all need some moral support at times like this.
- Don’t Leave Anything to Chance – A formal event is a time for showing yourself in your very best light, so dress sharp and in keeping with the occasion. If you are happy with the way you look, you will move with confidence, and therefore enjoy the experience.
- Do Relax – Once you are dressed up and have had that final look in the mirror, relax and enjoy the experience. It is always a good idea to keep some wipes in your bag, along with anything else you think you might need, and avoid the temptation to take out your smartphone.
Selecting the right dress is critical, and by searching online stores, you will be able to view a wider range of outfits as well as some cute baby clothes, and when you find the perfect dress, a secure online payment will see the gown dispatched to your home address. By taking extra special care with grooming, you will look your best and will get the most out of the event.
- Rock Your Outfit With Batwing Sleeves
- Everything You Need to Know About Accessorizing Your Outfit
- Important Tips For Strong And Healthy Hair
- How to Find Your Fashion Style
- Key Nutrients & Ayurvedic Home Remedies for Post-Partum Hair Loss
- 7 Ways to Keep Up to Date With Fashion Trends
- Some Basic Fashion Tips
- 2 Bandage Dress is a Great Sexy Bodycon Dress
- All The Trends You Need To Know From Summer 2021