Image Source: Unsplash
If you are soon to attend a formal event, it can seem quite daunting, with so many unspoken rules about both dress and behaviour. It is important to put your best foot forward, and with that in mind, here are a few grooming Do’s and Don’ts when attending a formal event.
- Do Brighten your Teeth – The self teeth-whitening packages are everywhere now, and for a small investment, you can brighten up your smile. Make sure you do this a couple of weeks before the event, as this will ensure you suffer no discomfort at the party. You might ask your dentist about tooth whitening treatments, but make sure you do this well in advance of the event.
- Don’t Fake Tan – Resist the temptation to be gorgeously tanned in an instant, as this very often doesn’t turn out as planned, and you don’t want orange patches when attending a formal event. There’s nothing wrong with booking a few tanning sessions in the weeks leading up to the event, but avoid anything instant.
- Do Splash Out on Expensive Perfume – If ever there is a time to smell good, this is it. Whatever your preference is, use it, but don’t overdo it, as an overpowering scent is not desired in such an environment. Save that for those seductive dinners. If you have yet to source a dress for the occasion, Peaches Boutique has over 20,000 dresses in stock for you to browse, with names like Sherri Hill.
Image Source: Pixabay
- Don’t Forget Hair – Once you have chosen your dress, and have a good idea what jewellery will work with that, you should decide on a hair style. You no doubt have your own hair stylist, and if she knows what you are planning to wear, she can make some suggestions. Long hair should be worn up, while a bob should be precise and trimmed the day before. If you are looking for some hair inspiration, check out many great examples of formal hair styles on various websites online.
- Do Experiment – Provided you have the time, you should regularly put on the dress and experiment with accessories and make up, in order to find the right balance. Ask a good friend to drop by and she can give you an honest opinion, and let’s face it, we all need some moral support at times like this.
- Don’t Leave Anything to Chance – A formal event is a time for showing yourself in your very best light, so dress sharp and in keeping with the occasion. If you are happy with the way you look, you will move with confidence, and therefore enjoy the experience.
- Do Relax – Once you are dressed up and have had that final look in the mirror, relax and enjoy the experience. It is always a good idea to keep some wipes in your bag, along with anything else you think you might need, and avoid the temptation to take out your smartphone.
Image Source: Pexels
Selecting the right dress is critical, and by searching for online boutiques, you will be able to view a wider range of outfits, and when you find the perfect dress, a secure online payment will see the gown dispatched to your home address. By taking extra special care with grooming, you will look your best and will get the most out of the event.
- Aishwarya Rai In A Sukriti And Aakriti Outfit: Yay Or Nay?
- Vidya Balan In A Bhumika Sharma Lehenga: Yay Or Nay?
- Yami Gautam In Rebecca Dewan At Uri Promotions
- Bhumi Pednekar In A Global Desi Dress: Yay Or Nay?
- Tamannaah Bhatia In A Reemacra Dress: Yay Or Nay?
- Kangana Ranaut In Eka At Manikarnika’s Promotions