Every girl loves to have the perfect beachy waves—but not every girl is born with naturally curly and wavy hair. Thanks to technology, what used to be a time-consuming effort to style your hair can now be achieved in a jiffy. Curling wands should be your next go-to gadget on your dresser.
If you still do not have one right now, it’s time for you to get shopping for the best curling wand. Need help on how to choose the best curling wand for you? Here’s a guide:
1. Factor In The Material Of The Curling Wand
Not all curling wands are created alike. They are made of different materials to suit your preferences and your needs. As you shop, you have to make sure to also ask about what the curling wand is made of. These are three of the most common options:
- Titanium curling iron, which is best used for coarse hair that can be very hard to style. This type of curling wand heats up the fastest, so it works for the most stubborn of all hair types.
- Ceramic technology, which is best for fuzzy hair. This type of curling wand discharges negative ions into your hair, which gives it a healthier and shinier look.
- Tourmaline wand, which is best used for damaged hair, as it gives your hair a polished, wavy finish.
2. Factor In The Barrel Size Of Your Wand
As curling wands are made up of different materials, they also come in different sizes. Generally, the size of your curling wand should be based on the type of curls that you are trying to achieve for your hair. But this choice is also highly dependent on the kind of hair you have, or else the wand isn’t going to work.
- If you have straight hair, you naturally have that flat look. Hence, you want to add in some more volume, and this can be achieved through a 2-inch sized barrel.
- If you have wavy hair, you’re in for a treat, as it is your hair type that turns out to be the easiest to style. Hair experts recommend going for a 1.75-inch sized barrel to give you that perfectly tousled look.
- If you have curly hair, all you need to work on is the texture of your hair. You can choose to go for a 1-inch sized barrel.
- If you have naturally-coiled hair, all you need to really do is to define the curls that you already have. A half-inch barrel is the best pick for this kind of hair.
3. Choose According To Your Hair Length, Too
Yes, you might want to factor in the length of your hair as well, or on what hair length you intend to use the curling wand. Some women have long hair but would love to have their hair cut short, as they are trying to achieve curly bobs. Others may be after the long, beachy hair look. It is just a matter of balancing out all the needs and factors that you have to consider. If you end up confused, don’t worry as more often than not, the sales representatives will be more than willing to help you out.
Here are some tips when choosing a curling wand based on your hair length:
- One-inch sized curling wands work best for short to medium hair length, but if you are trying to achieve ringlets for your short hair, you can go for smaller wands such as 3/8 or 5/8-inch sized wands.
- Two-inch sized curling wands are better reserved for girls with longer hair.
4. When Confused, Choose The Safest Option
If all these other options confuse you, you still have one safe solution: purchase the 1-inch curling wand. These wands are a perfect size even for beginners. Plus, it also is the easiest to use. It needs very little mastery, and it can achieve quite a balanced look regardless of what your hairstyle and hair type might be. If you make any mistakes, you can easily undo them as well. For instance, if you curled your hair too much or too tightly, and that isn’t the look that you are going for, it is easier to transform these curls with a 1-inch wand even by merely brushing through the strands.
With these tips to help you out in your purchase, now you are better assured that you are going to take home the curling wand that genuinely suits your needs. Your dream of beachy waves is now doable in a much more convenient fashion. Without a doubt, your curling wand is going to be your hair styling best friend that will last you through many years to come.
- Kangana Ranaut In Herve Leger: Yay Or Nay?
- The Best Coming Of Age Watches To Gift Your Loved Ones
- Overstimulation Is The Enemy Of Focus
- Kareena Kapoor In Amur On The Sets Of Dance India Dance
- Samantha Prabhu In Saaksha & Kinni: Yay Or Nay?
- Key Tips On How To Decorate Your Newly Rented Apartment
- Sayani Gupta In Ekaya At Article 15 Promotions: Yay Or Nay?