Image Source: Unsplash
There have been many advances in the world of dentistry, but none have had the impact of dental implants. Finally, a permanent solution to missing teeth, and while the treatment is both costly and extensive, you can have replacement teeth that will last you a lifetime!
Like most things, dental implants come in various forms, with three main categories.
1. Endosteal – The most common form of implants, endosteal implants are inserted into the jawbone, and the pins are made from pure titanium, which happens to bond extremely well with human bone and tissue. When you visit the Everton Park dentist Swish Dental they are specialists with this type of dental implant, and after an introductory examination, the schedule can be set for the implant procedure. It is a two-stage process, with the first session to insert the titanium pins, while a second appointment is scheduled some months later, when you have the prosthetic teeth fitted.
2. Subperiosteal – These dental implants are fitted on or just above the jawbone, and this technique is used when a patient does not have sufficient space in the jawbone to accommodate endosteal implants. You can have bone grafts that will allow the regular implants to be fitted into the jawbone, but this is very invasive surgery, which puts a lot of people off.
Image Source: Unsplash
3. Bone Augmentation – Restoring and regenerating bone growth can provide the essential anchoring that the implants need, and in rare cases, this treatment is used. Bone can be grafted from another part of the body, or growth stimulation can expand the area of the jawbone where the implants would be inserted.
For those who have lost all their teeth, there is a dental implant treatment called All on Four, which involves inserting 4 titanium pins that will hold the entire upper or lower set of teeth, which is created in much the same way as dentures.
Dental implants require at least two separate stages; the first is to fit the titanium pins, and the second, usually 5-6 months later, is the fitting of the prosthetic teeth. The waiting period is necessary as it gives the titanium pins time to fuse with the bone, which will provide a solid anchor. Once the pins have been inserted, the dentist would then attach a temporary set of teeth, to be worn for the few months until the bonding is complete. If you are interested, most dentists will give you a free assessment, to determine whether or not you can have dental implants fitted, and if you can, the dentist would explain the various options and quote for the treatment.
Image Source: Pixabay
Dental implants are never going to be cheap, yet they do offer a permanent solution to missing teeth, and if you choose an experienced dentist and follow their instructions, you will be very happy with the outcome. Dental implants can be brushed and flossed like natural teeth and should last you at least 20 years, if not longer.
- Janhvi Kapoor Looking Pretty In A Manish Malhotra Lehenga
- Kareena Kapoor In Manish Malhotra: Yay Or Nay?
- The Wide Options Of Online Winter Wear Collection For Women
- 7 Things That Make A Woman More Attractive And Beautiful
- Shilpa Shetty In An Anita Dongre Jumpsuit: Yay Or Nay?
- Bipasha Basu Looking Lovely In A Dolly J Lehenga
- Bhumi Pednekar In Zara At Sonchiraiya Promotions
- Parineeti Chopra In Fendi At Behtar India Campaign: Yay Or Nay?
- Bhumi Pednekar Looking Lovely In Tamanna Punjabi Kapoor