on 8 MAR 2014
Hello everyone! Today I am going to review “Garnier Pure Active Pore Unclogging Face Wash.” I got this face wash free along with Garnier BB Cream. It has been almost 10-15 days since I am using this face wash regularly. This face wash claims to be anti-spots, anti-marks and anti acne. So gals read on to know whether it lives up to its claims or notJ.
What does the product claim??
Garnier Pure Active is a new generation of concentrated formulas tested on acne prone skin.
Is Pure Active Pore unclogging wash made for me?
Yes, if while cleansing you wish to deeply purify pores & remove inlayed impurities in search of perfect skin result.
Why is it different?
- It’s intensely refreshing formula delivers a double ANTI-SPOTS ANTI-MARKS action:
- Enriched with an excellent exfoliating ingredient, it deeply purifies pores.
- Enriched with a natural regenerating active, it prevents the formation of imperfection marks.
It’s secret? An unprecedented association in the formula which fights imperfections and their marks:
- Concentrated Salicyclic acid is one of the most efficient exfoliant actives.
- The proven power of plants: HerbalRepair is a natural active extracted from Vaccinium myrtillus with exceptional regeneration and skin-repairing properties.
Garnier Skin Naturals philosophy
- Garnier uses, whenever possible, active natural ingredients which have been carefully extracted to preserve their quality and purity.
- Products have been dermatologically tested to ensure respect to your skin.
How to use??
Daily apply on wet face. Gently spread the invigorating extra fresh gel across your face insisting on the most affected areas and your T-zone. Rinse thoroughly. Avoid the eye contour. Not to be used by children under 3 years of age.
Price: INR 79
Quantity: 50 g
Shelf Life: 36 months
My take on Garnier Pure Active Pore Unclogging Face Wash
This face wash comes in a white color tube with a dark blue screw cap. The screw cap is the worst part about the packaging as no matter how tight you close the cap the face wash will leak if kept upside down. So this face wash is not at all travel friendly. The wash is very light blue in color and has a runny consistency because of which most of the time I happen to take out the amount which is more than required. I believe it would get finished earlier than my other usual face washes due to its runny consistency. The face wash has a little strong minty fragrance. Although I am fine with its fragrance but I am not too sure whether it will be liked by everyone as it might bother people with sensitive nose.
Now coming to its performance, this face wash lathers very well and it gives a very cooling sensation to my face with a minty fragrance which I enjoy a lotJ. It gets rinsed off very easily and without leaving any residue or slippery feeling on face. It does remove dirt and oil from face quite effectively. It reduces blackheads to some extent. I have combination skin and this face wash gives a stretchy feeling on face and makes my skin a little dry after usage. So I don’t think it would suit dry skin and that too in winters. Moreover I don’t think it prevents breakouts as I faced one or two since I am using this one. But I guess it is useful when it comes to reducing acne scars as I feel they are looking a little faded since I have started using this face wash. So overall it is an average face wash which will be suitable for oily and acne prone skin. As per my opinion it is not for dry skin beauties.
Pros of Garnier Pure Active Pore Unclogging Face Wash
- Provides a cooling sensation to face.
- Effectively removes oil and dirt.
- Removes blackheads to some extent.
- Does not leave any residue or slippery feeling on face.
- Helpful in reducing acne marks.
- Lathers pretty well and gets rinsed off easily.
- Suitable for oily and acne prone skin.
Cons of Garnier Pure Active Pore Unclogging Face Wash
- Not suitable for dry skin beauties especially in winters.
- Not effective in preventing breakouts.
- Not at all travel friendly packaging.
- Runny consistency which makes you use more than required quantity and as a result of this the product will not last long.
- Its fragrance might not be liked by everyone.
Final Rating: 3.75/5
Will I repurchase Garnier Pure Active Pore Unclogging Face Wash??
Well I am not too sure whether I will repurchase it or not in future. But for the next time, I will be trying some other face wash that is for sure.
Do I recommend Garnier Pure Active Pore Unclogging Face Wash??
I do recommend it to people with oily and acne prone skin. I feel it would not be suitable for dry skin people especially in winters.
I hope you all will find the review helpful. Catch you later gals, have a wonderful weekendJ.