1911 was the first year when International women’s day celebrated, thus this women’s day has been in existence since 100 years. This day is the moment to review past achievements and look ahead to those challenges that stay ahead.
This day is specially celebrated to encourage women to keep moving forward and to ensure women’s empowerment and gender equality and craft a better future. Check out some inspirational quotes for women’s day here:
- “Women are leaders everywhere you look — from the CEO who runs a Fortune 500 company to the housewife who raises her children and heads her household. Our country was built by strong women, and we will continue to break down walls and defy stereotypes.”— Nancy Pelosi
- “Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another steppingstone to greatness.”— Oprah Winfrey
- “In too many instances, the march to globalization has also meant the marginalization of women and girls. And that must change.” —Hillary Clinton
- “A charming woman doesn’t follow the crowd. She is herself.” — Loretta Young
- “A woman with a voice is by definition a strong woman. But the search to find that voice can be remarkably difficult.” —Melinda Gates