As soon as you’ve said “yes” to the big question, your mind will start thinking of how you want your wedding day to be and choosing a wedding dress. Of course, you’ve probably been thinking of this since you were a little girl and so the style and location of your wedding day will already be clear in your mind. Once you have agreed to his with the groom-to-be, mum, etc, you’ll have a huge amount of things to begin planning.
Planning a wedding is no small undertaking but usually, you will have great support from family and friends; but the one decision that is likely to be yours alone will be choosing a wedding dress. Choosing a dress design can be quite difficult and the different materials and colours available multiply the choices plus all of the complementary bridal accessories, so getting a second opinion from family and friends is a great idea..
The time of the year for your wedding will be one of the deciding factors when choosing a wedding dress; a summer wedding will mean needing a lighter fabric (you do not want to be passing out because of the heat) and, likewise, colder times of the year might mean choosing a wedding dress in a heavier fabric to keep you warmer.
Naturally, if you are getting married in Britain then planning for a change in weather conditions is never a bad idea; August in the UK does not always mean lovely sunshine and heat. Of the many bridal accessories to choose from, a wedding cloak is a great idea for any time of the year as even a lovely summers day can turn cold in the evening. If the location of your wedding means walking outside then a wedding cloak will help you stay warm and you’ll still look gorgeous.
Other bridal accessories include a wedding wrap or stole. A wedding wrap or stole is also a perfect idea for keeping your shoulders warm should it turn a bit chilly and is a practical idea that keeps you looking glamorous. Of course, on a good summers day, you won’t need them but as wedding accessories go they are not too expensive and, therefore, are an excellent idea to have on standby just in case. Other wedding accessories to think about might be wedding and bridal umbrellas or parasols.
If you are getting married on the beach then choosing a wedding dress that is shorter will be necessary but other locations will open up other choices for you. A traditional church or historic building can be the perfect setting for a traditional, vintage outdoor wedding dress whereas a civil ceremony might determine choosing a wedding dress that is more modest. It’s your big day so choosing a wedding dress that you love is your final decision but input from others will always help.
When choosing a wedding dress the right fabric is the most important decision for planning your perfect wedding. Your style of wedding gown and bridal accessories will help set the theme for your wedding. Remember that you will be wearing the dress for hours; that you may have to go up and downstairs; you will sit down for a long period and you will end the day dancing in it!
The colour of your wedding dress is another element that contributes to the style and theme of your wedding day. White is the traditional colour that has been popular since the 1700s and denotes purity but more recent times have seen many stronger colours become fashionable. Many online wedding dress stores will have a colour chart that guides you to how the colour and fabric can change the look of a wedding dress; so try them for ideas. Once you have made the decision on the colour of your wedding dress, think of a complementary colour for the chief bridesmaid and flower girls. Do make sure too that they are all comfortable with your choice!
Very important wedding accessories include your shoes. You are going to be on your feet for a long part of the day so being comfortable is really important. Finally, bridal accessories complete the look with perhaps a veil, tiara, gloves and your wedding day lingerie.
Pictures from 4prom
So there is much to think about when choosing a wedding dress and wedding accessories with your budget being a strong determining factor. You do not necessarily need to spend a fortune on a wedding dress or bridal accessories. Spending a large amount of money does not guarantee the perfect dress and neither does buying a cheap wedding dress mean poor quality. There are many online stores supplying wedding dresses and bridal accessories. These online wedding dress stores may just save you lots of money when choosing a wedding dress.
Have fun choosing, keep the surprise from your husband-to-be and enjoy your wedding day!
To summarise, our top ten tips for choosing a wedding dress are:
1. Think about the time of year and choose the fabric accordingly
2. Think about wedding accessories. Have a wedding and bridal cloak, bridal stole or wrap, bridal umbrellas or wedding parasols on standby for a change in the weather
3. Consider the location venue of your wedding, a beach means a shorter dress whereas a church or historic setting can influence a traditional gown and train
4. Choose the right fabric for the time of the year
5. See how different colours suit your skin colour and get samples of fabrics in different colours
6. Get support and advice from friends as to what style suits you best
7. Make sure the chief bridesmaid and bridesmaids are comfortable with your selection for the dresses
8. You don’t have to spend a fortune on a wedding dress or bridal accessories; shop around various online bridal boutiques – they can be excellent value
9. Try to keep the surprise from your husband-to-be until the big day
10. And have fun!
- Men’s Branded Wrist Watches 101
- Shop Like A Pro This Summer From Milanoo
- 5 Recommended Things to Properly Care Your Shapewear
- Make-Up Guide: Everything You Need to Know About Face Foundation
- Things To Do In Orlando Florida
- 5 Simple and Easy Tips to Apply Hair Extensions and Wigs
- 5 Ways to Reduce Daily Stress
- Strategies to Cope With Menopause And Chronic Pain
- Hairstyling and Hair Care Tips to Get Salon Like Hair at Home
- How to Find the Perfect Diamond Ring