Hey all beauty geeks!!! How are you all? The summers have finally started here and now it is our turn to say ‘haye garmi’. 😉 I never liked summers because of the havoc it played with my combination skin. However, living in harsh colds for almost 8 months in a year has taught me to try to appreciate the warm weather.
So, after getting nostalgic about bad summers in India, I thought of exploring the Korean skincare. There must be some gems to pick up as they are famous for their porcelain skin and flawless beauty. And I was right!!! We can definitely learn some new lessons and revise old stuff as well. 😉
1. Daily makeup removal is kind of a ritual for Koreans. They will never SKIP it. So, you will say, what is new??? Well, the lesson here is the ‘424’ method. Which means – four minutes of cleansing with oil, two minutes of cleansing with a foaming cleanser and then, rinsing your face for next four minutes. Yup, only the face cleansing takes a total of 10 minutes. I bet, lot of us would complete our entire skincare in ten minutes. 😉
2. Exfoliation is must. They follow exfoliating with a facial brush 2-3 times a week. After the foaming cleanser in the first step, the facial brush is used to remove any makeup that is left lurking on the face. Then, the face is dried by dabbing with a towel or allowing it to air dry on its own.
3. Now after such extreme cleaning, you would feel that your face is squeaky clean. Nope, it is still not (apparently). An alcohol – free toner is used to remove any residue left and restore the ph level of the skin. And they do not use cotton to dab it. Just pour it on your fingers and spread on your face using a slight tapping motion.
4. Are we already tired?? Dare not, if you want to have a dream-like skin. If you get bored by your regular CTM routine, you will run away scared if I tell you after the toner, Korean girls are known to use anywhere between 10 -17 products DAILY on their faces. The toner is followed by different kinds of essences, serums, emulsions, moisturizer and the night cream. And if you still want more, you can sleep with a sleeping face pack. I would spend my entire day just getting ready for the night. 😉
5. Another new lesson is that do not apply your moisturizer by massaging onto your face. You need to warm it up on your fingers first and then apply it on the face by using gentle tapping motions. Please don’t start slapping yourself. 😉
6. Korean women are devotees of facial masks. While some still prefer the simple DIY method, majority of them use the oh-so-popular paper masks. These paper masks are soaked with special serums. You can apply them daily or weekly depending on the treatment you are going for.
7. Eyes and lips have their own masks. Korean women use special kind of under-eye strips to ease them of puffiness and dark circles. You also get lip masks, soaked with serums, to be applied on the lips.
8. Exercising is an important part of their routine. And they are not just happy with toned bodies. Facial exercises and facial massages are equally important in Korea. They love having slim faces and hence, follow facial massages to slim down their faces.
9. Finally, now it is only revision of the stuff we now – balanced diet, adequate sleep, lots of water and SPF. Sounds familiar right but I am sure, we are still guilty of not following these steps. So, let’s re-learn these tips as well.
This was an insight into the famous Korean skincare. Though they are genetically blessed as well, but let’s admit that they do work hard for getting such awesome skin. So, now the conclusion is – ‘marzi hai apki – akhir face hai apka!!!’ 😉
Cya later. 🙂